Account and Strategy Profile
Every strategy has a profile page. This is the area where Investors can come to review the strategy in detail. These profiles can be accessed from the Strategies list or by going directly to the page from a URL. The strategies in the list can be searched by their names with the advanced search to the upper left. The list can be filtered by the account type, ROI percentage, and Timeframe. To filter the list, select the required value from the drop-down and click Search.
Both Investors and Strategy Providers can view their own profile by clicking on an account in the Accounts list to the left. The accounts in the list can be searched by the account number in the advanced search box to the upper left.
In this section, we will focus on the Strategy profiles that an Investor may consider following with a Copy Trading Account.
Select a strategy from the Strategies list to the right to expand its profile. To the top of the Strategy profile the following information is provided:
- Strategy name
- cTrader ID of the Strategy Provider
- Strategy All Time ROI percentage
- Total number of pips the Strategy won
- Number of copiers following the strategy
- Strategy age from the moment it started being provided
Click on the Strategy Provider’s cTrader ID to expand the list of all the strategies of the Provider with additional information, such as:
- Total Copied Capital from all the strategies of the Provider
- The date when a Provider started providing his first strategy
- Average profit of all the Provider’s strategies
- Total Own Funds of the Provider
- Current Copiers that following all the Providers strategies at the moment
- All Time Copiers
Click on the message icon to send your feedback to the Provider. Note that a Provider will receive your message via email.
An Investor can form the list of his favorite strategies. To add a strategy to the Favorites, click on the star next to the strategy name in the Strategies list or in the Strategy profile. All the selected strategies are listed in the Favorites tab.
Each Strategy profile contains a selection of charts for the fast and convenient tracking of the strategy data. Scroll down the profile page to view them all. The following charts are available in a Strategy profile: ROI (%), Equity, ROI (Monthly), Volume Breakdown, and Copiers. Hover the cursor over the charts to view the exact information at the required point.
The ROI (%) chart displays the time on the X-axis and the profit percentage on the Y-axis. This chart displays the income percentage the strategy has generated during the chosen period in relation to the account balance the strategy had at the beginning of this time period. Check ROI Calculation section of this document to find detailed information on how ROI in cTrader Copy is calculated. You can select the timeframe from 1 week up to All the time to apply for the chart to the upper left.
Note that ROI chart is updated on a daily basis. When you assign this account to become a Strategy Provider, your ROI chart will be updated every 15 minutes.
The Equity chart plots time on the X-axis and the cash value on the Y-axis. This chart shows the changes in the account equity in relation to the account balance over the chosen time period. This chart is particularly important to understand the strategy’s risk factor and how much drawdown can be expected.
The ROI (Monthly) chart displays the income percentage the strategy has generated in each month since the account was created.
The Volume Breakdown pie chart displays the Symbols and their volumes that were traded, and the percentage that symbol made up of the total volume traded throughout the strategy. It is important to take a note of whether the Strategy Provider is trading the same symbols as those that are available from your broker.
The Copiers chart displays the statistics of the followers of the strategy including the number of Current Copiers, All Time Copiers and the total amount of Copying Funds since the strategy was created.
Such strategy information as positions, history, and detailed trading statistics are presented in the form of tables with configurable columns. Drag and drop the columns headings to replace the columns. Right-click on a column heading to enable or disable the required columns.
In the Positions table, the current open positions of the strategy are listed. Please learn more about the Positions table.
The History table lists all the Closing Deals of the strategy. Please learn more about the History table.
The Symbols tab lists all the symbols the current strategy is trading based on the closed positions considering the statistics of Trades, Pips, Net Profit, Won and Lost percentage in the corresponding columns. You can filter the list of symbols by standard time period from one day to all the time, or set the custom time period with the first and the last dates specified.
All the strategy trades information is displayed in the Trades tab. The trades info can be filtered by the standard time period from one day to all the time, or by the custom time period with the first and the last days specified.
Below the filters you can find the following Trades statistics with the division to All Trades, Long Trades and Short Trades:
- Net Profit - a net realized Profit of all trades.
- Profit Factor - a ratio of Total Net Profit divided by Total Net Loss.
- Commision - a total amount of commission paid to the broker.
- Max Balance Drawdown - maximum consecutive losses that the strategy had, expressed as a percentage of the Account Balance at the time that the losses occurred.
- Total Trades - a total amount of the closed positions.
- Winning Trades - a total amount of the strategy winning trades.
- Largest Winning Trade - a closing deal with the largest positive result.
- Losing Trades - a total amount of the strategy losing trades.
- Largest Losing Trade - a closing deal with the largest negative result.
- Average Trade - an average profit for all trades.
- Sharpe Ratio - a ratio to measure risk-adjusted performance. It is calculated by dividing the strategy’s return by the strategy’s standard deviation of returns.
- Sortino Ratio - an alternative to the Sharpe ratio, using downward deviation in place of standard deviation.
- Total Pips Won - a total number of Pips that the strategy won.
- Average Pips Won Per Trade - a Total Pips divided by the number of trades.
- Average Trade Duration - a total length of time that the account had an open trade divided by the number of trades.
- USD Volume Traded - a total amount traded in USD.
The basic strategy details are displayed in the Details tab to the right. Here the strategy name, currency, and leverage, as well as the copying conditions (Fees and Minimum Investment) are displayed.
The Conditions section contains the basic information on the investments and fees for copying the strategy:
- Minimum Investment - a minimum amount of funds required to be allocated from a trading account to a Copy Trading Account to start copying the strategy. The funds cannot be withdrawn from the Copy Trading Account if it results in equity falling below the Minimum Investment while the strategy is being copied.
- Performance Fee - an amount charged for copying the strategy on net profit made, using a “High-water Mark” model.
- Management Fee - an amount that a Strategy Provider will charge the Investors for managing their funds.
- Volume Fee - an amount an Investor will be charged per one million of volume copied.
Please find detailed information on the cTrader Copy Fees.
In the Summary section, the basic financial statistics of the account behind the strategy is displayed. Here you can view the following:
- Account Age - how long the account behind the strategy existed for.
- Starting Balance - an account balance when the account was created.
- Total Net Profit - a total net profit of the account.
- Deposits - a total deposits in the account.
- Withdrawals - total withdrawals from the account.
- Ending Balance - a current balance of the account.
Volumes section displays all the strategy traded volumes statistics including:
- Total traded volumes
- Total copied volumes
- Volumes copied by Live accounts
- Average volume amount traded per day
- Average volume amount copied per day